In 2009-2010, the Centre Vidéo de Bruxelles (CVB) and Plus Tôt Te Laat (PTTL) are running three video workshops in different parts of Brussels:
- Workshop I: La Place Flagey (Ixelles)
- Workshop II: The Northern Quarter(s)
- Workshop III: La Cité de la Roue (Anderlecht)
Our goal is to explore the relationship of inhabitants with the urban space using cognitive maps, or mental representations of a given territory, in this case the city.
Making films is not the sole purpose of these workshops. There are a number of guiding themes underlying the approach of these two organisations:
- Promote emergence of expression more particularly by the general public
- Adopt a creative approach by developing critical thinking and participatory reflection about the city
- Lead collective intercultural and intergenerational work in a spirit of sharing knowledge and know-how
- Transmit concepts of cinema and learning about audiovisual techniques
- Produce a number of films which exhibit unusual viewpoints, in terms of both subject matter and cinematic approach
- Develop a new tool for looking at the city for use by inhabitants, researchers, planners, action groups, think tanks, etc.
Three “Work in progress” workshops in 2009 and 2010
Visit the blog http://pttl.cvb-videp.be, (updated regularly) where you will find details about:
the project, process and methodology workshops (participants, forms, temporality/rhythm, workshop crossovers, who films who?, editing, screening, etc.), cognitive maps, themes, districts, photos, video-trailers, media backgrounders, etc.